Alchechengi (Physalis) 1 tray 100gr
Sale Sold out
Regular price $6.00 USD
Sale price $6.00 USD Regular priceUnit price per
Alchechengi: all the curiosities and benefits of this tropical fruit!
The Alchechengi is a tropical fruit native to the subtropical regions of Latin America. Here are some curiosities about the Alchechengi:
- The name Alchechengi comes from the indigenous word "chichímeca" which means "palm fruit"
- The Alchechengi tree can grow up to 15 meters high and produces abundant fruit.
- The fruit of the Alchechengi has a shape similar to that of a pear and a green skin that turns yellow when ripe. The pulp is white and crunchy with a flavor similar to that of sour apple.
- Alchechengi is rich in vitamins A and C, potassium, calcium and fibre.
- The fruit is often used for the preparation of juices, jams, jellies and desserts.
- In some cultures it is used to treat digestive problems and for its diuretic action.
- The Alchechengi is also known by the name of "guanabana" or "guardian fruit"